Kate joined Home-Start East Sussex in 2008. She previously worked for a medium sized charity as a senior manager, overseeing the Human Resources department.
Before that she worked in the voluntary sector with vulnerable young adults, children excluded or at risk of exclusion from mainstream education and young carers. She spent 16 years as a lone parent.
Kate is a founding member of the East Sussex Voluntary Sector Alliance https://www.escv.org.uk/vcse-alliance She acts as the voluntary sector conduit for the East Sussex Children Safeguarding Partnership and the Early Intervention Partnership. She is also a member of SafeLives & Domestic Abuse Service Managers Partnership group. Kate wants to be part of a community that drives social action over and beyond her organisational role.
Relevant Qualifications and Training:
- NVQ 4 in Managing Gender-Based Services
- SafeLives Domestic Abuse Service Managers Programme
- MCIPD Human Resources Management & Development
- Masters Module “Supervising and Managing Professionals” Sussex University
- Succession Planning and Leadership Development Programme (Association of Directors of Children’s Services)
- LSCB Child Protection; Taking the Lead Training
- PGCE PCE (Post Compulsory Education – encompasses sixth form/further education, higher education, post-16 training academies, work-based learning, apprenticeships, private training organisations and any other teaching and training that does not fall within the Primary or Secondary Education sectors)
- Diploma in Domestic Violence Studies
- Qualified Freedom Domestic Abuse course practitioner
- Qualified Who’s in Charge Child to Parent Violence and Abuse practitioner
- SafeLives IDVA qualified