We believe that every child deserves the best start in life
Home-Start East Sussex was founded in 1996 (originally named Home-Start South Downs). It is a small independent charity which works towards the increased confidence and independence of families.
Our family and childrens’ charity’s mission is –
- to safeguard, protect and preserve the physical and mental good health of children and parents
- To prevent cruelty to and maltreatment of children
- To relieve sickness, poverty and need amongst children and parents
- To promote good parenting
- To encourage and develop parent’s strengths and well-being for the ultimate benefit of the children
- To encourage families to widen their network of relationships and to effectively use services within the community
- To work towards the increased confidence and independence of families by offering support and practical assistance
That’s why our dedicated volunteers and staff have been providing vital support services to local vulnerable families with young children since 1996! Home-Start east Sussex covers East Sussex and Brighton & Hove; supporting local children and empowering parents and families across the county.