All home-visiting volunteers…
- Undertake an 8 week course of preparation that takes place one day a week. This fully prepares volunteers for their role.
- Receive lots of support both during the preparation course and after, when they are supporting Home-Start families from a designated co-ordinator.
- Can access additional accredited training and social events throughout the year.
- Receive all out of pocket expenses incurred whilst volunteering for Home-Start.
Our training course runs one day a week from 9.30am to 2.30pm. The subjects covered are as follows:
- Introduction and Role of Volunteer
- Values and Attitudes
- Parents and their children
- How Home-Start helps families
- Family life and supporting parents
- Listening to families
- Safeguarding Children
- Commitment and boundaries
- Practicalities and Endings
Volunteers helping with groups, fund raising and training will receive additional training and support. Office volunteers will receive an induction and on-going support.